If you have a 9–5 mentality, do not read this book.
Time management is much more than organizing your to-do list. It’s a philosophy. This book contains unconventional, ruthless advice for the busy fundraiser.
- Avoid chaos, manage your job.
- Manage your job, manage your peers.
- Manage your peers, manage your career.
- Manage your career, manage your life.
The book begins with the logical and progresses to what we never think about to manage time and our life. Even if you’re good in managing your time, there’s a tidbit in here for you!
Get ready to challenge the author.
1. Set Goals.
2. Tie your daily to-do list to your goals.
3. Plan how you will spend your time.
4. Don’t count time. Make time count.
5. Control electronic clutter.
6. Don’t CC everyone.
7. Train others to do the same.
8. Hold shorter meetings.
9. Do not raise the bar.
Kill the words “fair” and “deserve.”
10. Avoid the herd — and the lines.
11. Count your hourly wage. It’s not what you think!
12. The Number 1 Discipline: Punctuality.
13. Keep appointments with yourself.
14. I can do it faster.
15. Social media.
16. Say no.
17. Form a Mastermind Group.
18. Eliminate Toxins.
19. Buy time and delegate.